“I’ve had this recipe on my catering menu for a while now and always get great comments about the brilliant combination of flavours. We all know that beef and horseradish are a match made in heaven but with the addition of the roast capsicum sauce and cucumber it becomes a party in your mouth with every bite! Enjoy!”
- 50g Horseradish cream
- 100g Sour cream
- 2 Capsicums
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Kecap Manis
- Semi-dried tomatoes
- Lebanese cucumber
- 600g Rump steak
- Ground black pepper
- French bread stick
- Olive oil spray
- Sprigs of tarragon
- Combine horseradish cream with sour cream. Set aside.
- Cut and de-seed capsicums, drizzle with olive oil and salt and roast in a hot oven until flesh is soft and skin is starting to blacken.
- Place cooked capsicums and any juice from the pan in a sealed container and when cool enough to handle peel the skins off.
- Place capsicums and juices in a blender with kecap manis and blend until smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
- Peel and de-seed the cucumber and cut into 5cm battens. Set aside.
- Cut the bread stick into 1cm slices, spray with olive oil and bake in a moderate oven for 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Grind pepper and salt onto one side of the beef and cook in a griddle pan until medium rare. Repeat with the other side and leave to rest. When cool cut into 1cm strips.
- Assemble by spreading the French stick slices with the horseradish mixture. Wrap some cucumber and semi-dried tomato in a beef strip and place on top. Finish with a dollop of the roast capsicum sauce and a sprig of tarragon.