“I started making these for summer parties in Queensland. Sometimes hot canapes are just too much hassle and something cool and refreshing is the best option. Not only are they a delicious combination of sweet and salty with a burst of fresh mint, they’re also really easy to prep at home then put together at the venue. Enjoy!”
You can find the video on my Musical Menus YouTube page.
- Fresh mint
- 200g Smooth feta
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- Cut the watermelon into 2cm slices.
- Using a ring cutter cut discs from each slice.
- Using a melon baller cut a small indentation into each disc. Refrigerate.
- For the whipped feta, put a handful of mint into your food processor and blitz until fine.
- Add smooth feta and a couple of tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and blitz until you have a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe a small ball of the whipped feta onto each watermelon disc.
- Top with some finely sliced fresh mint and serve immediately or refrigerate until later.