“In an attempt to find a good white chocolate brownie recipe and use up a surplus of lemons I ended up with a delicious combination I’ve called “Lemon Lemonies”. It took three attempts to get the combination right, but the final one has the moist consistency of a brownie and a tangy kick from the lemons. And they’re gluten-free! Great for a morning tea with a cup of English Breakfast tea with a slice of lemon. Enjoy!”
- 340g white chocolate
- 340g butter
- 5 eggs
- 300g sugar
- Rind and juice from 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt
- 215g almond meal
- 135g slivered almonds
- 50g extra white chocolate for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line and grease a 20cm brownie tin.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter in a saucepan then leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until combined then add the lemon rind and juice.
- Fold in the salt, almond meal and slivered almonds.
- Transfer to brownie tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and cake is cooked through. It should still be a little moist when you take it out and will firm up once it’s cooled.
- Once cooled melt 50g of white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each. Put in a piping bag or sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe the white chocolate onto the lemon lemonies.