“I started making these delicious frozen margaritas with the leftovers from my “Watermelon bites with feta and mint”. They’re super easy to make and can be whipped out of the freezer, blitzed and into a martini glass in no time at all. There has been discussion on whether this is a margarita or a daiquiri. Not really sure, I suppose it depends on which alcohol you put in. Best to be safe and try it both ways. Great for a summer party. Enjoy!”
You can find the video on my Musical Menus YouTube page.
- Fresh mint
- 800g watermelon
- 6 tablespoons sugar syrup (equal parts sugar and water heated until the sugar has dissolved then cooled)
- 2 limes, zest and juice.
- 1 cup malibu or tequila
- Put a handful on fresh mint into your food processor and blitz until fine.
- Add 900g of watermelon, 6 tablespoons of sugar syrup, the zest and juice of 2 limes and 4 shots of malibu or tequila. (or more if you’re feeling adventurous)
- Blitz until smooth.
- Transfer to some ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Transfer frozen mix to food processor and blitz until it resembles a slushy.
- Spoon into a martini glass and garnish with a watermelon disc and a sprig of fresh mint.