“This is my partner’s favourite item off my catering menu. For most events I make a huge batch of them and they fly off the plate. I also do different fillings including Moroccan Lamb, Massaman Beef Curry and Mushroom for my vegetarian clients. Having a pie maker makes life much easier as long as I can stop people from eating them before they make it to the venue. Enjoy!”
- 2 large leeks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsn plain flour
- 3 sheets short crust pastry
- 3 sheets puff pastry (egg wash optional)
- Rinse and dice leeks, dice garlic and fry in a pan with olive oil until soft.
- Add diced chicken thighs and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- De-glaze with white wine and add diced mushrooms.
- When wine has been cooked off add stock, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir to incorporate. Let mixture cool completely.
- If using a pie maker cut round out of the shortcrust pastry for the base and puff pastry for the tops. Spoon filling in and cook to manufacturers instructions (usually about 7 minutes)
- If cooking in the oven line the base of a pie tin with short crust pastry, spoon filling in and top with puff pastry. Brush egg wash over the top and cook until pie is golden brown.